Charlotte, North Carolina – The National Coalition of 100 Black Women Inc., Queen City Metropolitan Chapter (NCBW-QCMC) will host their inaugural Siser-Nomic$: From Basic to Business interactive series. The program is an online event beginning on Tuesday, April 6.
The virtual program series will teach emerging entrepreneurs how to master the basics of personal and business finances. Sessions will include guest speakers, giveaways, homework assignments, and a graduation ceremony accompanied by a certificate of completion. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in a business pitch competition and the chance to win up to $250 along with other prizes.
There will be five virtual sessions for adult participants to attend:
- “Time to Get Your Money Right” – April 6 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- “Countdown to Financial Freedom” – April 15 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- “Girls Just Want to Have Funds” – April 22 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- “I Will Survive & Thrive” – April 27 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Graduation & Pitch Presentation – April 29 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
There will be a similar event series that is dedicated to young adults. The youth edition will teach young adults how to master the basics of personal and business budgets, and how to begin the journey of becoming an entrepreneur. Raffle prizes will be given during each session. All participants who attend all four sessions of the series and complete a pre/post survey will receive a digital certificate of completion. The youth attendees will also participate in a business pitch competition.
There will also be five sessions for the young adult attendees:
- “Get Ya Dollas UP” – April 10 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- “The Game Changer” – April 24 – 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- “Bout My Buziness” – May 1- 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- “No Cap: Surviving The Grind” and Graduation Ceremony – May 6 – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Pitch Competition – May 20 at 6:00 p.m.
The adult series is sponsored by Wells Fargo and the youth series is sponsored by Truist Bank. Stiletto Boss University will sponsor both events. This is a free program and registration is currently open. To register, visit www.ncbw-qcmc.org.
About The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., Queen City Metropolitan Chapter
The National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., Queen City Metropolitan Chapter is a non-profit organization that advocates on behalf of women and girls of color. The organization focuses on empowering women to be leaders in their community and careers. The Coalition serves as a change agent through advocacy work to influence public policy that promotes gender equity in health, education, and economic empowerment. www.ncbw-qcmc.org.