Public Relations, Events, Sales/Marketing
Fall 2014/Winter 2015
An internship of up to three to six months can be arranged in our Public Relations, Events and Sales/Marketing departments. Interns will work under the supervision of staff in each department.
Criteria: Interns must be students who are two years or less from graduating with a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing and have a demonstrated interest in the public relations field as well as the fashion, music and entertainment industries. Applicants should be proactive, detail-oriented, and able to work under deadlines. Interns must have flexible schedules for meetings and events (most of which occur during evening and weekend hours). Must be available a minimum of 10-20 hours a week (excluding time spent at meetings and special events).
Responsibilities: Assist in all aspects of PR, Event Planning and Fundraising initiatives including planning special events, developing media lists, database entry, literature searches, drafting news releases and statements, working with reporters, fulfilling media inquiries, coordinating interviews, and assisting in preparation and all meetings and events. Assemble press kits and mailings, research new sponsorship opportunities with local corporations/businesses, project development and management, generate warm leads for JSW Media Group staff through cold calling, attend committee/board meetings and complete minutes. The intern will be provided with guidance and training throughout the internship.
Other possible activities include:
- Behind-the-scenes help on photo and video shoots for clients
- Coordinating promotional efforts (creating a strategic marketing and promotional plan for select events)
- Writing and coordinating production of publicity materials
- Helping with inventory and distribution of client products as needed
- Event coordination for parties, fashion shows and other events
- Model Coordinator (castings, managing models day of event)
- Working with local and national publications to create brand awareness
- Updating/maintaining our blog, social networks and mailing lists. This also includes being an editorial contributor to the blogs and publications as necessary.
- Booking Talent Gigs
Compensation: College Credit and Work Experience
To Apply: Please send two writing samples, resume, cover letter, and one letter of recommendation to JSW Media Group at email@example.com attention: Internship Program. Please indicate in cover letter available start and projected end date.